Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Signing On

Well little Rowan and I are starting another new adventure. Sign language. He has done so well with the elimination communication, I figure we might as well try this too! He doesn't quite have the dexterity with his hands yet, but I figure if we start doing it now, by the time he has it he *might* give it a go! We have picked out a handful of signs, and are going to start with those, and slowly add more. Here is what we are starting with: milk, mama, papa, bed/sleep, potty and more. Once we get used to using those we will add more! I am pretty excited about it, because Rowan is such a smart little man, and he loves it when I count to him using my fingers, and so far he seems to enjoy the signing, smiling whenever I do it. So here goes  to another adventure with our smart little man!

1 comment:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hi Jilly! Your cousin Stephanie's boyfriend's little boy learned to sign before he could talk. He's just over 2 now and talking like a champ. They read somewhere that the signing actually helps with speech later. Not sure how it all works, but it sure seemed to work with little Jake. Good luck, m'dear!