Thursday, March 25, 2010

Five Weeks

I sit here in absolute amazement looking at the calendar; it has been five weeks today since my little bundle of joy joined us here in the great big outside world. I look back over the past weeks and can't believe that it has only been five, it feels more like fifty! How much he has grown, and changed already shows how much more there is to come in the future weeks and years. How much Sean and I have grown and changed as well. It is amazing to think on the past, how five weeks ago at this very time we were still at the birth center, possibly visiting with our families who had come to welcome Rowan into the world. That five weeks ago was our first night at home together as a family, the two new parents asking each other what he should wear to bed that night.  How I was terrified to even pick him up for the fear of hurting him. Amazement at how much we have grown together as a family, how this is my family.

I look at the past week and think of how much he has changed this week alone; looking us in the eye, starting his own baby jabber language, discovering his hands, sleeping so much better at night. How scooting is now an exercise event for the whole family to enjoy. He is helping us mold our family sculpture into being, how I am as a mother, and Sean as a father. It truly is amazing to watch all of our progressions, and how quickly they have occurred in only five weeks. Only 35 days.. amazing how much life can change, can progress, in such a short amount of space. It leaves me thinking of the future, and how  much more we will gain, and grow, in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

CONEFLOWER said...

Beautiful thoughts and so sweetly written, Jill. Wow! Just look at him holding up his head already! Isn't he early for that?

Everyday is a miracle. I am so happy for you all.

J said...

Thanks Beth! He is a very strong little man, he was trying to hold his head up a few days after he was born! I'm honestly not sure if it is early or what, it's just how he is. Thanks again :)