Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Granny Rags

So since having my sweet little Rowan, I have changed my thinking about many things in life. Using cloth diapers has made me look to other "disposable" items that we use on a daily basis and throw away to sit in our landfills. I was personally lucky to not start my monthly blessing (aka period) for a full 6 1/2 months after little Rowan came. After the first few days, I found myself thinking, how many mothers who use cloth diapers for their babies, use cloth for themselves? Thus began my search for what my Mom calls "Granny Rags." I found during my first experience in 16 months the old conventional ways ("disposable" pads/tampons) to be rather uncomfortable, and started seeking out other solutions. This was where I ran into an amazing product line called New Moon, which has an amazing array of sizes, absorbency, fun facts, and too cute prints. You hear lots of women talking about not being able to wait for their "fluffy" mail (cloth diapers) to arrive, and I found myself not waiting for my Granny Rags to arrive! Well they finally arrived, of course after they were needed, so we must wait a whole month to find out if they work as well as they are said to - and they are said to work as good if not better than the "disposable" option - I am super excited! I know, a rather odd, maybe uncomfortable, topic for some, but what can I say? After having a baby, nursing in public, and just going through everything I have in the past year of my life - well it feels like no subject is out of reach!

3 comments:

CONEFLOWER said...

What a brilliant idea. I am well past needing this product but it sounds great anyway. I'm going to tell all my friends that may make use of it (them). Thanks for sharing.

Christy said...

I use the Diva Cups but on lighter days something like this would be good. My cousin actually just sent me some that are similar to those except they have "wings" that snap around your underwear to keep them in place.

J said...

Christy, she makes some that have the wings! or ones you can get to hold the ones without in place. You should check out her site, there is lots of neat other things on there as well, cloth diapers included! Thanks Beth! I love being able to help out small businesses!